Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Love Buzz

I know.  The little bee guy looks a bit goofy and you are probably thinking “Seriously?  You chose this as your blog mascot?”  Let me explain.

I found him in an industry publication a couple of years ago.   He was part of an ad for something I now cannot remember (effective advertising?  Maybe.  I’m sure I’m breaking all kinds of copyright laws by posting him here, though).   Anyway, he's kind of cute and I LOVED the tagline which was “Get Your Love Buzz On”.  (Ah – maybe the ad was for public transportation.  See…it was good advertising!)  So, I cut this little dude out and taped him to my home office wall because to me, he is a simple reminder to be kind..."buzz" around people offering more love, more kindness, more understanding.

I fail a lot of the time.

But I try every day, too.

Since embracing my goofy love buddy, I have been reminded of another great truth which has blossomed into my blogging idea.

We find what we seek. 

And I want to find and have more kindness and more love and more positive experiences in my world. 

Sometimes it’s difficult to find the positive through all of the negative and fear and commotion that we read and hear about constantly.

But truly, it exists.  And when we watch for it, we will find that it is abundantly prevalent.

This is why my blog is going to be dedicated to Acts of Kindness.  People are good and I want to keep a watchful eye out in my daily world to seek the good happening around me.  And I want to share what I find because I believe we are all enriched when we see and experience expressions of kindness.


So, here's to the love and here's to the Buzz!  Now, go get YOUR love buzz on!


11 comments:

  1. What a refreshing and exciting way to experience the love & kindness people still posseses.

    I'm sure we all have heard or have seen the movie "Pay it Forward". Without mentioning names a family member that was owed money decided to "Pay it Forward", to another family member that was in need of cash. The reward is not how we feel about ourselve but the joy you see in someone elses life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting, I can't wait to read more. As a person who loves to see the positive it will be nice to read your blog amongst all the angst and conspiracies that are prevalent on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for letting us all in on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get the chocolate chip cookie. This is excellent. You have made my day, my whole week.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimmie, what a beautiful blog, and it emanates the radiance that I know is in your heart. I often see the kindness in your eyes and I enjoy how you carry yourself in the world.

    Yes, our experience is dictated by what we seek, as we tend to energize that whivh we dwell upon. My father always reminds me of a mentor of his who shared, " If every thought you had this past hour was a prayer, would you want what you think about to come true? " I love this principle as it expresses the truism that we experience life through the lenses that we view life with, and the commitment to see the light in the world is a beautiful one indeed.
    Shine on Kim- J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Kim! The outer world is full of the negative, and this helps me change my inner world in a positive way. Thanks!!
    -Tom Cook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Kim. What a great way to start my day with positive thoughts. You are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this quote from nelson mandela and what you're doing reminded me of it:
    "our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. it is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. we ask ourselves, "who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" actually, who are you not to be? you are a child of God. your playing small doesn't serve the world. there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. we were born to make manifest that glory of God that is in us. it is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
    -nelson mandela 1994 inaugural speech
    thanks kim...love it.
    buzz buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS GREAT SWEETIE. THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE DOING A LOT OF KINDNESS OUT THERE, WE JUST NEED TO LOOK CLOSER TO SEE IT, WE TEND TO ONLY SEE THE NEGATIVE. WE SAW A YOUNG MAN ON THE SUBWAY THE OTHER DAY, WHO PULLED OUT SOME MONEY AND GAVE IT TO A OLD LADY WHO WAS BEGGING. WE TEND TO THINK YOUNG MEN DON'T HAVE COMPASSION ANYMORE...MY THOUGHT WAS...HE WAS RAISED BY GOOD PARENTS
    LOVE YOU MOM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one... I flew to Alabama from Utah when Aaron was only 4 weeks old. I was so nervous that he would scream the entire time, have a blow out, throw up, you name it. Somehow I made it through security and to my gate with a newborn in a carrier, a diaper bag, a stroller, a car seat and a suitcase. My hands were more than full and my anxiety seemed to rise as the time to board approached. An older woman, with two young grand kids to care for herself, came over and began chatting with me. Her compassion eased my nerves. She offered to take my suitcase for me and helped me all the way onto the plane, to my seat, when we found that we our assigned seats were right next to each other! During the flight she chatted with me, offered me a snack and really made the whole experience better than I could have imagined. The lady on the other side of me was a grandma of many young babies herself and she held Aaron while I organized my things, etc. I was so touched by the kindness and generosity of these strangers and I will always be grateful for their help. The flight home was similar, with people going out of their way to aide me and my new baby. I am grateful for good people who are always looking for ways to serve.

    ReplyDelete